We hope you have a fun- filled pleasant experience boating on the Chain of Lakes. If you have questions or if we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Below outlines a few things to keep in mind when you rent from Spring Lake Marina:
• Boats can be used anywhere on the Chain with the exception of the Fox River south of the Rt. 12 Bridge and Pistake Lake. A $50 per hour service charge may be added to the rental if a breakdown occurs north of Lake Marie or south of Lake Nippersink and our mechanic must come out to the breakdown site.
• All lessees of our boats or wave runners are responsible for knowing where they are at all times on the lakes. Please use this map as a guide and stay out of all but the main channels.
• All laws and requlations, no wake areas, etc. must be strictly adhered to.
• For trouble-free boating, stay in the center of all channels and lakes. The Chain of Lakes are all silt bottom lakes and have seaweed, particulary near shorelines. All lakes have a NO WAKE zone from the shoreline OUT 150 feet. Before calling for help, check for seaweed entwined on the prop or stuck in the wave runnter jets.
• Distribute passenger weight evenly throughout the vessel. Too much weight in the bow can bog the boat down and be dangerous when hitting wake.
• Keep your hands and feet in the boat at all times.
• Life vests are available on all vessles. They should be handy while on a moving boat and must be worn and properly secure at all times when riding a wave runner. Children 12 and under must wear a proper life vest at all times.
• No person under the age of 18 is allowed to drive any vessel. Children, under 18, riding a wave runner with an adult must have his/her feet touching the floor boards